Thursday, April 23, 2009

In The Beginning...

Welcome to my first blog post. I've been in New York for just over one year, at my job for nine months, and a dog owner for six months. In the last 30 days, I've set a wedding date, baked my first batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes, and officially opened my Etsy shop, ellopoppet.etsy.com.

According to The Knot, I have 535 days left before the ceremony. I shouldn't be taking the planning too seriously yet, but I bought another wedding magazine this afternoon anyway. I'll be counting that in my Art Supplies budget.

I'm hoping that by that date I will have sold at least enough items on Etsy to replenish my art supplies fund. I'm pleasantly surprised by the community support I've already experienced. Though I have yet to make a sale, I remain confident that my work will find its place in the handmade marketplace.

My goal for now will be to post on a weekly basis and each time I update my shop.

More to come soon!

<3 Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment