Monday, April 27, 2009

My First Sale!

It finally happened! About a month after setting up shop on Etsy, I've made my first sale.


Behold, my Loquat Drop Bead Earrings!




With a little help from a friendly promotion from fellow Etsian Shauna of lemon drop studio and her blog, I packaged these babies up this morning and sent them off to their new home in Washington. Sadly, between the horrendous shipping cost and my Etsy listing fees, I don't think I've turned a profit just yet, but I am confident that more sales will come.

I ordered some sterling silver findings from AUNALI this afternoon and hope to start working with higher quality materials in the next week or two.

Once I have a selection of finished items available with the sterling, I will be discounting the items I made with the basic findings. I'm excited to get to work!

When I prepared my earrings for shipping this morning, I redesigned my Etsy shop banner and created a 4x6 inch promotional card to include with all of my items for a discount on the buyer's next purchase. I will link the promo key here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment