Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Space & Chocolate

I know I've been slow this past week (more details on why later), but I definitely couldn't wait any longer to post after checking my convos & Craftopolis.com this afternoon.

I'm honored to be featured in not one but TWO treasuries today! Terra Firma was kind enough to include my Coconut Cosmic Acorns in her Space Treasury:

Here's a closer look at my Cosmic Acorns. Vintage plastic bead caps, new resin beads in a warm brown, and itsy bitsy vintage frosted glass beads, all wrapped up in sterling silver.

Terra Firma has a great shop, and she's local, in NYC! I'd feature every piece in her shop if I had the time and space, but I had to narrow it down to this pendant:


This is the Terra Firma Studio Moon Rock - Fine Silver Pendant. Love the juxtaposition of the circles with the rectangular gem, as well as the sparkly facets next to the softer brushed surfaces. Simple yet flashy and unique. Beautiful!

On to Smika's sweet as chocolate Treasury. My Belt Parkway Brown Earrings are having a great time lounging about among other rich brown goodies, including some stellar Lego cufflinks!

I'd like to work more with wooden beads and recycled matterials, but budget constraints are forcing me to be creative with what I have as I wait for my newest batch of sterling and brass supplies to arrive in my mailbox. For now, here's a detail of my Belt Parkway Brown Earrings:


This delightful little needle felted bear from Smika is abdolutely adorable! I must admit, I do get easily creeped out by felted creatures, but that's hardly the case with this little guy!

Smika's shop offers this sweet little bear in multiple colors, as well as a variety of felted wool pebbles and beads. Great photos throughout her shop, too - bright, crisp, & clear. Even her supplies have personality!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Cosmic Acorns, they are adorable ! I've never seen bead caps quite like those before...like 'em...they are very sleek and modern looking, fantastic for more contemporary designs. You've got a great eye for style and fashion !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete