Thursday, May 21, 2009

Belated Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, since I couldn't hop on over to CA for the weekend, I had Mom design some earrings for herself based on my Eridani Pearl Cluster Earrings, which you can see here:

We decided on a combination of Sterling Silver (which I am overly enthused about lately) and ice blue freshwater pearls. I'l have you know I went to 5 different shops in an attempt to find exactly what we were looking for. The ones I found were a touch larger than I had anticipated, but they were very consistent and got the job done. Here is the final result:


Above: Natural light atop one of my original black & white photos.
Below: Yes, I flashed these, I know it's a no-no in the world of product photography, but this actually shows the color a bit better, as well as showing how deliciously shiny the sterling silver is. So :p.

Mom does read this occasionally, and yes, she has already seen these photos. Yes, she likes them. I mailed them off and they should be arriving safely within a week. I will probably be making some for my Etsy shop, but I'm kind of out of 3mm jump rings, so I can't really do that just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment