Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Showcase Day!

I know it's early in the day, but I have yet to see any success from my Earrings Showcase. Started off the day noticing that the link that was provided in my confirmation email for the Jewelry Earrings Showcase is...um...broken. So I posted it in the Bugs forum. We'll see if any admins take care of it.

The first item up in the Showcase is my Sugared Sky Earrings:

All I can really say is I like these. The photos don't do them justice. The only thing I would consider changing is possibly upgrading to all sterling, but these aren't for kids, and I like the crystals, and I haven't had a problem in my own ears with the same ear wires, so I'm not all that concerned. I think they are delightful, and if I ever find more beads that look like this, I'm buying ALL OF THEM.

I decided to offer free shipping today & tomorrow for all earrings purchased through the showcase in what may prove to be a feeble attempt at luring in unsuspecting buyers. I kind of feel like making a t-shirt for all my items & wearing it around town that says "YOU NEED THIS" across the top, with a slab of velcro in the center onto which I can affix item photos. (BTW, if anyone steals this t-shirt idea, I know where you sleep, and I will send Miles to "cut" you.)

That said, I think I'm going to head off to Michael's for a replacement crochet hook - I lost my H and somehow don't have a spare. I might try to go to the knitting shop in town, but being as "knitting" is in the shop title and there is no mention of crochet, I kind of feel discriminated against. I bet they will have hooks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment